This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blasphemous - color key

Someone who understands color muuuuuch more than me helped me arrive at this key, which I plan to make use of going forward.  It was especially useful in breaking up Hailey.  The underside of her hair is darker to pop out her face and shoulderline.  The horns and wings are darker so they no longer consolidate with the hair or  stockings.  Stockings and skin will be assigned a shadow color as well.


Three cheers for gracious art friends!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome, can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

big fan of these. I really do like the colour change. But I think it could go a bit further - the colours are so high key it doesn't really give any place for the eye to rest at all... I was just playin' around but ...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_kyuBN4GsaYo/TWqa7yMlsjI/AAAAAAAAKS0/bcLZ7tuia4g/s800/blasphemous.jpg

I dunno - cheers and I do love the blasphemous stuff XD

also if you'd like me to take the image down just tell me.

thanks
Blake Withers

Paul Richards said...

Oooooh, de-satted stockings....that's flying up my flagpole, that...

Thanks, Blake!